Wilkes County Jail
For inmate information call 336-990-0463. For information regarding specific inmates, call the VINE system at 1-800-247-9658. The VINE System provides information about charges, bond, housing, court dates, and notification regarding the release of an inmate. Wilkes County Jail is located at 502 Courthouse Dr, Wilkesboro, NC 28697.
- Inmates in Wilkes County Jail are allowed one fifteen-minute visit per week.
- Any visitors over the age of 16 must produce a valid photo identification card such as a driver’s license, state ID card, Military ID or School ID and fill out the visitor’s log upon entering the facility lobby.
- Juveniles (persons under age 16) may visit if they are accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Intoxicated visitors, or visitors who become loud, disruptive, fail to control their children, or otherwise violate Jail Facility rules may be asked to leave and/or be banned from the Wilkes County Jail.
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time.
Listed below are the scheduled visitation hours and days.
Public Visiting Hours
Social Visitation is schedule according to the housing units and will take place from 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM or 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM. Please read Visitation Dress Policy below.
A Pod and B Pod, visitation is on Saturdays.
C Pod and D Pod, visitation is on Sundays.
E Pod and F Pod, visitation is on Tuesdays.
G Pod and H Pod, visitation is on Thursdays.
Visitation Dress Policy
Visitors will be required to wear clothing appropriate for visitation within a Jail Facility atmosphere. Visitors are expected to dress in a manner that demonstrates respect and doesn’t compromise safety for one’s self and others. If a visitor is dressed or groomed in a way that disrupts the orderly process of visitation or reveals too much of the body for a Jail Facility setting, that visitor will not be allowed to enter the Jail Facility. The following list is not all inclusive but provides guidelines regarding what is appropriate/inappropriate for Jail Facilities:
- Shirts and shoes are required to be worn inside of the building.
- Blouses, tops and shirts shall have no exposed shoulders, chests or midriffs. Tank tops or spaghetti straps are unsuitable for Jail Facilities; however, sleeveless blouses are acceptable.
- Dresses, skirts and shorts shall reach fingertip length.
- Pants shall fit appropriately at or near the waist. Wearing pants far below the waist and covering up with large shirts is unacceptable.
- Clothing that exhibits logos and sayings, which include profanity, sexual innuendoes, or references to violence, alcohol, tobacco, or potentially inflammatory statements, are prohibited.
- Hats, bandanas, knit caps, sweatbands, or head coverings will not be worn in the building.
- Heavy chains attached to clothing including wallet chains are prohibited.
- Sunglasses should not be worn in the building.
- See-through clothing or any clothing that exposes undergarments is prohibited.
Professional visitors may visit inmates at any reasonable time, as long as the visit does not interfere with facility operations. No professional visits may take place during inmate meal times or during regular visitation unless otherwise approved by the Jail Administrator or designee. Professional visitors include law enforcement officials, legal representatives (attorneys, paralegals, interpreters, investigators, etc.), ministers, and certain medical service providers.
Special weekday visits for persons living at least 50 miles from Wilkes, NC and religious leaders may be approved. Such visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance through the Jail Administrator, or designee, at (336) 990-0463. Visitors must produce a valid government issued photo identification card (driver’s license, state ID). Religious leaders must provide proof of affiliation. An inmate may receive one visit from a person who lives more than 50 miles from Wilkes, NC a month.
Incoming mail must be addressed to the inmate’s full name (the name and spelling under which they are booked). Mail is distributed within 24 hours except on weekends and holidays.
Captain Jason Whitley
502 Courthouse Dr
Wilkesboro, NC 28697